Sanskrit study Story

 
I got to study Sanskrit at class 7 and 8. I loved the grammer much.Used to get high marks (above 90) . There held Gita class at our Saroda Ramakrishna mission school.

I am in love with the subject. But I couldn't get Sanskrit as additional subject at Madhyamik and Uccha Madhyamik because of lack of fellow students. 

I got Home science and home nursing at class 9-10 and Nutrition in class 11-12 instead of Sanskrit language.

I wanted to learn Sanskrit language deeply. If this could had been possible I would have studied Latin , then English. There are lots of similarities between Sanskrit and Latin.

Now I have started studying Latin and Sanskrit at home. To understand English language more deeply.

Example - Quit tibi nomen est( Latin)
Means ' what is your name?'
QUIT is related to ki in Bengali,tibi means tobo that's tomar, nomen means naam or name i.e nomenclature. Est means is ( 'hoy' in Bengali.) in Bengali it is' tomar naam ki hoy?'.

This is an initial example. There are much more to be explored.
Sanskrit is an ancient language,so I have used an ancient type picture for display.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lakshmi Puja at Our Home 2025

New year 2026 (1st January)

Journey of Sunil Ghosh (My maternal uncle)